Wednesday, January 26, 2005

On the boarderline

Hola bloggers,

Well God must have been listening to us (proabably to Jo - he probably thinks I am a little confused due to the prayers in all different languages and denominations over the last few years!). Anyway, we were blessed with a glorious day yesterday for our full day at the Falls. We set off bright and early at 8.30 and went over the boarder to the Argentinian side to see the Falls from over there. It is much better from that side so if anyone ever goes there you must make sure you are at that side. There's so much more to do at that side as there is a fun packed national park with lots of nature trails. We saw lots of different animals and amazing butterflies as big as your hand in all the colours of the rainbow. They were almost as breathtaking as the falls!

We were again typically British and obeyed the rules - such as don't feed the animals and don't make too much noise. However, we were most annoyed by the other idiotic nationalities who seemed to think it was fun to try and tempt racoons over with food and then try and stroke them! Appalling behaviour! Don't they realise that the animals will become dependant on this source of food and loose the ability to find their own food.

The size of the lizards was just unbelievable! We took to hiding quietly in the jungle and waiting to see one saunter by unaware that we were there. One was about the same length as from the end of my fingers to my elbow, or maybe longer, and much wider than my arm (not hard, I know! ).

We took a speed boat along the river to get up close to the Falls and we had a crazy driver who took us right under a small section of the falls (I say small - still bigger than you can probably imagine). He did this twice and we were absolutely battered by the water - such fun! I don't think the five year old girl on the boat agreed though.

I was worried about getting trench foot all day because the speed boat experience was at about 10am and then I walked around in wet trainers until about 6pm. I still have both feet though - somewhat wrinkled, but still attached.

Once again the scaremongers in England were talking rubbish. So many people told me that it would be really hard to understand the Spanish spoken by the Argentinians - but that was not the case. Maybe its because I never understand every word anyway (at this stage). I probably hear about ten out of fifteen words but I always get the jist and know whats going on. I'm hoping that this will change and that I will hear and understand every word soon.

We have got lots of our photos on to cd today and if I had the patience of saint I might be able to get them onto the blog but patience never was my middle name (there actually was a girl at my school called Patience Lister - I don't know if she was blessed with saint-like quantities of patience but you'd hope so wouldn't you. There needs to be some sort of saving grace for having a name like that). Anyway, its raining AGAIN so I might need something to occupy my mind for eight hours tomorrow. Perhaps swearing at the computer will be just the ticket!

Adios campers

S xx




No comments: