Tuesday, January 11, 2005

another day in paradise

Hola Bloggers,

Well the white arse got a showing in the new thong. Things seemed to go well on that front - no funny stares or anything and no burning! In fact that day a beach vendor even broke off his massive argument with a beach goer (in portugese) to shout over (in English) that he loved me! Everyone was getting up to listen to the argument - me included and so he looked around at everyone and yelled that out to me then carried on arguing in portugese! It was hilarious and very flattering. Then about an hour later I got a free henna tatoo on my foot. I didn`t want one. I told the man that I would get one in a few weeks when i was browner but he pleaded to draw on my body and just started free hand drawing on my foot. Its quite a nice little symbol so I am pleased about it really.

I was surprised that the beachvendor actually knew I was English because people keep looking surprised or saying "really?"when I say I am English. I often get that on holiday. I don`t know why. Jo pointed to a girl in a restaurant last night though and said that she thought the girl looked like me. When I looked at her - I wouldn`t have thought she was English either. weird. You can`t place me because you know me .................or you just think I am talking bollox. I get accused of being Dutch and French a lot.

It was 40 degrees yesterday! Its been raining today though. We took the opportunity to go to some museums. One was about the indigenous indians and there was a little mock house that I enjoyed playing in. I am sure I am reverting to childhood whilst I am here. I keep playing like a child! Had great fun in the waves again the other day.

I am not going to write much more today because I think my time is going to run out in this internet cafe.

So, hasta luego mis amigos

S xx





No comments: