Thursday, March 03, 2005

Boca 3 Peruvians 0 ......Sarah 83

Hola Blogers,

Three main pieces of news today. 1 - I went to the football last night. 2 - I just got 83% in my most recent exam and so I will now be moving into the advanced level, and 3 - I have moved house.

I saw Boca Juniors play against a Peruvian team last night (don´t remember the name of the Peruvians) and Boca won 3 -0. It was quite an experience and there were lots of differences to a game in England. The main thing that I noticed was how they never ever passed the ball backwards! I only really saw about three square passes as well. Every ball goes forwards and it is more or less one touch football. If they can´t see a free player within about four seconds they just boot it forward and hope someone will get there ......and quite often they do because they all run at full speed all the time. Also as soon as they are near the bnox they are shooting like their life depends on it. Very different to the cautious play in England .......or is it just that I am used to watching Tottenham!

I stood in the populas area where supposedly all the nutters are. However, I didn´t find it at all intimidating and there were lots of guys with small children on their shoulders. Every one was so friendly and all the men around me talked to me. One old guy next to me tried to trick me by telling me that it is tradition for girls to strip off when Boca score a goal. I told him I was foreign not stupid. His grandson was just mesmerized by me whichwas quit funny. Evbery time I spoke he just stared at me with wide eyes and open mouth. Ì don´t know why - think it was just because I was foreign and I was telling the old guy about football matche in England. Maybe the boy was more interested in what I was saying than me - don´t know .....but it was funny.

Another difference is that there are cheer leaders at Argy games. Girls in bikinis doing acrobatic dancers at half time. I´m sure a lot of you would welcome this being introduced at home!

The songs are different as well. They seem to be proper songs rather than just two liners that we chant at home. The seem to have a chorus and various verses. I couldn´t make out all the words so I can´t really relay whether they were as insulting as ours. However, just as we do at home, they do seem to mention their main rivals in their songs - so in this case it was River Plate that they were refering to.

There were no big screens - but someone told me that they do have them at River Plate - so maybe its just that Boca is too old. It does look quite old. Its capacity is about 40 000 and it was full last night.

There were lots of pictures of Maradona everywhere and they all kept asking me if I knew who he was ....so obviously I told them that I didn´t like him because of the hand of God ......and they all laughed. Hmm funny for them - not for us hey!

My new house is a snazzy apartment in a fancy part of town. Its just like a London new build apartment with two bedrooms and two bathrooms and all mod cons. Stuff roughing in it - I am made for better things! The dog hairs, the dirt and the decrepidness of the other palce just did my head in. Now I am sharing with an American property developer - far more my scene. The other girl couldn´t sing anyway and that was her only attractive trait. The only probalem I forse with the new place is the lack of hairdryer .....but that can be rectified. Oh and the bonus is that the American is going to Columbia for ten days so i will ahev the place to myself for a long time anyway. I don´t go in for communality at all time! (is thata word? - comunality). Well it is now.

Ok, got to go to a class now so hasta leugo

Besitos

S

No comments: