Monday, February 28, 2005

Gramatico gramatico gramatico

Hola Bloggers,

Well I haven´t been writing much for a few days (maybe a week) because I have been sick of reading and writing because of all the grammar that I have been studying. Things have got very technical now with studies of conditional tenses and subjunctive pluscuamperfecto - yeah exactly! Apparently I have now covered all tenses in Spanish .....its just a matter of remembering to use the right ones now. There are more tense in Spanish than in English which makes things a little tricky sometimes. I´m not sure that I can speak English perfectly in the first place and so perhaps I am eventually going to end up speaking Spainsh better than I speak English - having studied the language at an older age. We´ll see.

So, let me think ......what were the highlights of last week. I went to some more trendy bars, ate some more tasty treats and saw more Tango. Its funny how the top notch bars look just like they could be in London. The fashion for high end bars seems to be the same the world over! I must say that I am a little sick of Tango now so I am trying to avoid it from now on.

I´ve changed the details of my homestay now and I don´t take meals there any more. She just never had any food in the cupboards so I thought it would be better to sort myself out in restaurants every night. Also we go out a lot in groups from the school, and so often I missed dinner in the girl´s house anyway. I´m actually going to view an apartment tonight that I might move to. I have one week here without a place to stay (becaue I will have finished my studies and so the arrangement through the school will have ended). However an American property developer that I have met has got a fancy apartment and he is going to Columbia for two weeks and wants to sublet his place. I am assuming it will be really nice because he is a property developer in the states - so I might take it for the two weeks and leave the girl´s house and the slobbering slavering dog behind. My clothes need rescuing from dog hairs and drool ! Not sure if I can get a refund back from the school for the week that I have already paid for but I would rather be comfier than richer. the new apartment is onlny going to be about 15 pound a night so its not going to kill me.

I am thinking of going to Montevideo this weekend with two other girls and then I have plans to travel around Argentina with another girl after school finishes here. So, my lazy ass might start to move soon.

Right, time for more cakes with dulce leche I feel. I can just fit a street cafe in before I find this apartment.

Oh I´m going to watch Boca Juniors play on Wednesday night so watch out for that posting if you aer interested in football. I here Chelsea won some sort of league thing and Arsenal are not palying very well. Well BCN shut you Chelsea scum up didn´t they!

Besitos

S xxxxxxx

No comments: