Sunday, March 06, 2005

Animal Magic

Hola bloggers,

I have just been to a big market in Montevideo and I actually had to leave because I couldn´t stand the cruelty to animals anymore. It was unbelieveable! It was a pretty standard city market where you could buy anything and everything .....but with the addition of pets. But all the animals were squashed up so much it was heartbreaking ........ and of course they were being poked and proded by every passer by. I hated it. There were snakes and frogs and lizards in empty coke bottles with the lid on - god knows how they were breathing because I couldn´t see any holes. There were turtles, rats, fish, cats, dogs, chickens, mice, parrots, canaries, rabbits and even scorpions. The problem was that everything was sharing a space only just really adequate for itself ....with about six others. They were all piled on top of each other and constantly being picked up and messed about with by children and adults alike. It was horrible. I really didn´t like it.

Well thats all I really have to say today. I´m going to the airport now to catch a flight back to Buenos Aires.

I hope the weather is not depressing you all too much. I hear its not very good at the moment. Its 80 degrees here - but then you knew that didn´t you. Sorry !

Besos mi amigos and happy mother´s day to all the mothers out there

S xxxx

No comments: