Thursday, February 17, 2005

Swotty Sarah

Hola Bloggers,

This posting is mainly to gloat and generally congratulate myself ......but I´ll pretend that its the quickest way of telling my parents how I am progressing in my school work.

I have got the results of my exam this morning and I came top of the class with 85 % !!! I am very pleased with myslelf because, as I think I explained before, on my first day here, after being assessed, they put me and another boy into a class with people who had already had three weeks teaching at level intermediate 1......and I have beaten those kids without even having the lessons. They had four weeks of classes and I had one. Whoo hoo! I was a bit competitve.

Each level is a four week course. If you pass the exam at the end of one level you can move up a level (if you are still here). So, because I have passed, I am moving into intermediate 2 next week. However, there is another little personal coup because myself and another girl are going to be taught intermediate 2 in 2 weeks rather than in 4 ! A teacher has said that he thinks we can do it if he teaches us in a group of just us two. So, we´ll see how this turns out. It might be step too far.....but its encouraging all the same. After intermediate 2 the next level is Advanced 1 ....and that just sounds so much more impressive so I am determined to reach that level, and hopefully, as I will have a further week here after those 2 weeks, I can move to advance level 2. I am also thinking of signing up for more weeks of classes here - to try and finish the whole exam system right through to the end of advanced 2 and also because its so good here. We´ll see though, because it is tiring for the old brain.

Another option is to go and complete the classes in Santiago in Chile. I wasn´t planning on going there when I left England but now I think it would be a good idea .....and as the school has a sister establishment out there - it seems sensible.

So, gloating over. I´m going for a siesta - I´m advanced level 2 at sleeping already!

S xx

No comments: