Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Soon to be three!

Hola Bloggers!

I am thrilled to be able to announce to you all that we are expecting a baby - or the beatle as we call it! Beatle because Jose reckoned it looked like a beatle on its back waving its arms and legs in the air at the first scan .....and the name has just stuck.

I'm 14 weeks pregnant - so just got past the crucial three months stage ....hence announcing it! So, that means it should arrive in the outside world at the end of November. Maybe it will be a scorpio just like its Mum and Dad. Three scorpios in one house will be quite something!

At today's scan I got the doctor to really try and have a good look to see if he could tell the sex .......and we all thought it looked like a little girl. Obviously its quite early on so we will have another good look at the next scan in a month's time. It seemed pretty obviously a girl though. We got too good shots of that area and we didn't see anything ....if you know what I mean! I won't rush out and buy all things pink just yet though. had better wait for a confrimation at the next one. Speaking of confirmation........Jose, on knowing it was girl came out with - perhaps an Opus Dei al girls convent would be a good idea! No mini skirts or boyfriends until she is 18 and actually maybe she is not allowed out of the house without us until she is 18. He was joking ......but I suspect there is a little bit of truth in his jokes. He well protect her like a baby doll and spoil her rotten I suspect. Just like he does with me!

So, I'll now bore you with pregnancy symptoms as well as house issues. All the strange symptoms have gone now actually - as they do at about 12 weeks. I was only sick once but had a constant feeling that I wanted to spit! Of course I didn't as it wouldn't be becoming of a lady like me but it was a rather uncomfortable sesation. Its due to an overproduction of saliva, apparently.

My tummy has just popped in the last couple of weeks. So all you girls out there that used to despise my flat stomach (Sherree in particular used to try and use her power as my boss to order me to eat lard!) can now rejoice in that it is going to be ruined forever! I've only put on about 4 pounds so far but I look like I have got a cantloupe melon stuck in my stomach. Everyone keeps telling me that its nothing and just wait till I look like I have got a medium sized dog stuck in my stomach.

Its quite fun as I have a whole new selection of shops that I can frequent now - those maternity wear ones. Most only stock ridiculous house on the prarie looking clothes and the obligatory dungarees but I have managed to find and purchase a few fashion items. One dress was apparently too short for a Mum to be, according to my sister - who ordered me to buy knee length leggins to go uder it. She was right on reflection. She also pissed herself at the mega high leapard print heels I have bought. She doesn't think I will be wearing them for long. Once she had gone home to England I actually heed her advise and bought three pairs of cute ballet pump type things - just in case.

So any advice from you mothers out there is now welcome at my door. Keep the gory details to yourselves though I only want to hear useful tips and nice stories.

S xxx

1 comment:

harperjo said...

Sooooooooooooooooooooo Excited for ya both
Juanita Banana x