Monday, January 15, 2007

Alcatraz





Here are some photos from Alcatraz. As you can see it has the most amazing view of the city! You get great views of both Bay bridge and Golden Gate aswell. I'd recommend the trip to anyone staying in San Fran for he views alone. We were really lucky though in that it was a perfectly clear sunny day (something not all to comon in San Fran - there is often a mist which makes it hard to see long distances).
I hope you like my expression in the photo behind bars - thats my bit of acting (well we weren't too far away from Hollywood, realtively speaking).
I'm still waiting for Jo to send me the shooting pictures and the beach pictures. I'll post those once I get hold of them. Meanwhile I'll fill you in on life back in Spain: I'm presently sat in teh house waiting for a removal company to come and size up how big a job it will be move our things to Valencia. The removal then takes place in a week and a half - Saturday 27th January. That would be very exciting if it weren't for the slight complications in that: 1. we only agreed a price yesterday on the new flat we are buying and they have yet to install the heating and air conditioning so I don't think we will have completed in a week and a half's time!; 2. I am still waiting for the sale of my flat in London to complete so we can't complete on the flat in Valencia until that happens; 3. we have not rented the flat in Barcelona out yet. we had done but then the Germans that were taking it delayed their new life in Spain until July so we now we need to find someone else. So, summary of all that is that our stuff will be in Valencia but not in our flat - perhaps in Jose's office or perhaps in storage. Jose will be workinf in Valencia but we will not have anywhere to live and I might be in Barcelona showing people round the flat but living here without any of our stuff. Hmmm all a bit messy really. You never know though, it might all work out, somehow.
S xx

No comments: