Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Fingersmith - Sarah waters

Hola Blogers,

I have just finished reading a fantastic book and I thought I'd recommend it to you. Its called Fingersmith and its by Sarah Waters (of Tipping the Velvet fame). I belive its been dramatised and shown on TV so you may have heard of it, read it or seen it. I'm not normally one for finishing books very quickly as I have a short attenton span. It normally takes me weeks and weeks. However, with this book, I found that I was constantly thinking of when I could next fit in a reading session, and I read it in a week.

Its basically about the life of a poor orphan girl who grows up in the Borough in London in the late 1800's. However, her life turns upside down when she finds herself involved with a rich family in a mansion in Marlow. Its got everything a good book should have - sex, deceit, murder, love, suspense. There are two major twists in the story and the best thing is that you really don't see them coming.

Right, I am now going to choose my next book. Any suggestions?

S xx

1 comment:

Jo Harper said...

Just finished the Handmaid's tale for book club - By Margaret Atwood - Fantastic read - could not put it down - I have posted it to you babe,
Love,
Jo x