Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Missing my neighbours

Hola Bloggers,

I am very good friends with my neighbours in London. However, somehow I don´t think I have made any friends with the neighbours here. Due to several Caprihinis and a Fugees CD at approximiately 5am Sunday morning I was singing my head off - much to the amusment of Jose and our friends but unfortunately not to the pleasure or the man above. He banged on the door as thought he was hoping to knock it down and very maturely we all just burst out laughing and didn´t answer it. I would have felt guilty and perhaps gone up and apologised the next day but the stupid imbecile decided to spend approximately an hour later that morning runing up and down his corridor above our bedroom with as much force as he could - in an obvious attempt to annoy us and wake us up. We were not annoyed at all. We were pissing ourselves at how ridiculous it was for a grown man to resort to this. So no apology and no feelings of guilt. I was actually dying to wait all day and listen for his door going and then run outside and pretend that we were coming in as he was going out and talk amongst ourselves (so that he could hear) and say something along the lines of how I regret that we are only just coming in and that I regret leaving at 6am with our friends - thereby making him think that we weren´t even there when he was acting such a goat. However, I had better things to do than wait around for revenge - we went for a lovely walk and ate fantastic ice creams whilst walking around. Yes it is warm enough!

Some of you may be pleased to know (some of you may make yourelves scarce) that I have booked flights to come to England. I am taking Jose to Yorkshire to introduce him to the rest of the clan, fish and chips, drizzle, fog and indeciphable dialects. After he has endured a weekend of that and legges it back to the safety of spanish omlettes and vino tinto, I am going to come down to London for a few days.

I am planning on plonking myself in a bar in Islington on Wednesday 18th May so anyone who is around (no squares) can come and join me for a drink or two. I am flying down to the south of Spain to my apartment on the Thursday to be joined by Jose and spend the weekend there with my sister and her husband. Speaking of which - anyone fancy renting it for a week or two. Forgive me for shamelessly mentioning it but I am, after all, unemployed.

I am going to the Mountains in two weekends time - Jose normally sleeps rough in the open air with nothing but a bottle of wine - or so he tells me! But he is allowing a hotel for my first visit because he is not conviced that I could put up with that as he thinks I´m a bit too "pija"! I´ll show him I´m a tough northern lass in time. For now, I´ll settle for the hotel.

Oh just a point of interest - I got a massive cardboard tray full of strawberries for one euro today. I have to tell you because I am very pleased with it and with myself. I reckon you would be looking at about 8 or 9 pounds in Waitrose.

We are trying to get tickets for an opera version of A Midsummer Night´s Dream this weekend in Catalan. Hmm - can´t understand a god damn word of Catalan and never been to the opera. I can follow A Midsummer Night´s Dream though so all should be well. Doubt there will be tickets though as its at the best opera house in BCN and its always booked up. Proabably end up falling out with more neighbours instead.

Un beso

S xxxxxxxxxxxx



Lots of love

1 comment:

Russell CJ Duffy said...

So Sarah Walshaw. I hope your bloody accent is better than Missy Panty Puddings!
Where is my fav Yorkshire lass then eh?
Haven't heard from her in ages. Hope she is alright.
Oh, just in case you are wondering which lunatic has wandered into your blog site babbling a load of incoherent tosh, I too am a friend of Jo Harpers.
x