Friday, September 28, 2007

8 weeks and counting

Hola,

Just 8 weeks to go now until my due date (well 7 and a half really). We went to the doctors on wednesday for a scan and Olivia weighs 4lbs 13 oz already (2 kilos 200 grams). I've just looked on the internet and the average for this stage is 4 lbs. She is 44 cm long (avergae aabout 41 at this stage). So, she is still coming out bigger than average.

All the baby bedroom furniture has arrived and so we both keep going in there and looking around. Jose keeps opening the wardrobe and looking at the little dresses. He loves them. He can't wait anymore and keeps asking me to just push her out now. He's so excited. So am I ! I've been buying a few more clothes for her this week. I have to search everywhere for babygrows that fasten down the front though. Here in Spain most seem to fasten down the back - which is just annoying, and presumably uncomfortable for the baby.

Next week I have got a shipment arriving from the UK with the last of all my belongings on it. We were sick of carrying random objects everytime we came back (and paying for extra weight). So, the last remaining things have been put on a boat. My wedding dress is even coming over. Its all being delivered to the farm, where I suspet some of it will stay for years as it will just cluter up our flat and although I don't want to throw some of the things, that doesn't mean that I actually want them here in my flat. I've got my old school uniform and all sorts of things coming - I imagine my school uniform will go into Olivia's dressing up box, once she gets one.

At the time of writing its 8pm and its 22 degrees, but everyone here is in autumn mode. The jackets and cardigans are out and everyone is talking about how sad it is that summer is over. I've got my jeans and boots on rather than short skirt and flip flops - which is hilarious really considering the temperature. I am truly a spaniard now.

We are having a DIY day here in Valencia tomorrow (pictures putting up and that sort of thing). Then we are going to the farm for a few days on Sunday. Jose is working out of BCN and Tarragona on Monday and Tuesday and I will visit Jessi and Leire in Tarragona and await my shipment on Wednesday .......oh and obviously collect a million thousand vegetables. I'd better watch it actually on the veggie front as I can not fit one more thing in my freezer - not even a pea. I have cooked and frozen so much stuff that it is ram packed. So, what ever I pick this week will have to be cooked and eaten rather than cooked and frozen. Hmm will I be able to control myself once I get those secatares (spelling??) in my hand?

S xx

No comments: